Office 2013 is the latest version of Microsoft office suite, and has got various updated features than its predecessors. Many Windows 8 systems now come preinstalled with Microsoft Office 2013 and may require just a product key to activate the subscription. However, if your Windows 8 hasn’t got this brand new version, you can install it after purchasing it either through the installation media or from the Microsoft website. You can also try the Office 2013 preview version if you aren’t sure about buying it. To install Office 2013 on your Windows 8 machine, follow the step-wise instructions below and get going.
Before you install Ofiice 2013 you make sure that your system satisfies following system requirements for smooth functioning and operation or else you may encounter errors.
Standard system requirements for Office 2013:
- 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Microsoft Windows operating system
- 1 GHz or faster x86 or x64bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 3.0GB available space on hard disk drive
- 2GB ram for 64 bit version, 1GB for 32-bit
- Direct x10 graphics card with 1024×576 resolution
- .NET version 3.5 and later
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 10, 9, 8; Mozilla Firefox 10 or later version; Google Chrome 17 or later version; Apple Safari 5 or later version
- Multi-touch functionality if required to use touch based display
Make sure that you are running the latest updates on your Windows 8 machine. While installing Office 2013 you need to disable Windows Firewall or your antivirus software temporarily. Once you have completed the installation process, re-enable the firewall and/or your security software.
If you have the Office 2013 installation disk, pop it in to the drive of your computer and wait for it to automatically play. Start following the on-screen instructions and complete the installation. Just enter the product key whenever you are prompted to do so. Incase, you don’t have the installation disk you can directly download it from the Microsoft website. For detailed instructions check the next step.
If you want to try the Office 2013 version but don’t want to buy it (for the commercial version, check step 5), click this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30342. On the Microsoft Download Center website, click to download either the 64bit or x86 version once you click the download button the file gets downloaded. Now locate the file “Office2013volumelicensepack_x86_en-us”, right click it and select “Run as administrator”. Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the installations. You can now begin to use the trial version of Office 2013.
If you don’t want to try the preview version, you can purchase the commercial version online here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/. Select the Office version according to your requirements from Office Home & Student 2013, Office Home & Business 2013, or Office Professional 2013. Once you have selected the desired Office version, you will be redirected to the Microsoft Store page. Select the number of license versions you want to buy for your PC(s), select your language, and then click the “Checkout” button. If are eligible for a special promotional offer, you can put the given promo code in the Promo Code box and click “Apply” before you click Checkout.
- On the next page, you are required to sign in with your Hotmail or MSN account (Windows Live ID).
- Once logged in, you can see the details related to your purchase. Click “Next” to proceed.
- On the next screen choose a payment method and provide the necessary information. Provide your billing address and other necessary details. Click “Next” to proceed. Follow the next on screen instruction and complete the purchase.
- When done, click the “DOWNLOAD” button to begin downloading the Office 2013 installation file.
- Once completed check your inbox for the confirmation email from the Microsoft.
- Make a note of the product key and also if required take a print out of the set of instructions.
Now run the installation file as an administrator and follow the onscreen prompts. Enter the product key when prompted and configure the office applications as desired. Complete the installation and the start using the brand new 2013 version.
Should you face any problems while installing Office 2013, check this link http://blog.vtechsquad.com/2013/01/24/troubleshooting-microsoft-office-professional-plus-2013-installation/ and resolve them. If you continue to face installation problems, call us at +1-877-907-4935 and get an expert to help you.